Temporary Visitor Driver's License (TVDL) For Undocumented (Non-Visa Status) Individuals
Under Public Act 97-1157, non-visa status individuals who cannot obtain a Social Security card may apply for a TVDL.
- TVDL may be used for driving purposes only, not valid for identification.
- TVDL valid for three years.
- Applications accepted at designated facilities only.
- TVDL will be printed and mailed to the applicant after the application is verified.
- TVDLs only available for driver’s license class D, L, or M (car or motorcycle).
- Applicants required to complete a Verification of Residency Form.
- Applicants required to pass the vision, written and road exams.
- Illinois TVDL may not be accepted for driving in other states.
- TVDL only valid if driver has current liability insurance
- Applicants must present acceptable identification documents.
- TVDL Rule of the Road classroom Only – $129.95
The TVDL classroom package consists of 6 hours of classroom instruction to review rules of the road and preparation for written exam. The classroom instruction will be given in one 6-hour session, student is allowed to unlimited practice exam.